Here is one salad recipe you need to try out this year. Healthy and delicious for any party or special dinner.
A light, refreshing salad loaded with fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, basil and avocado with a sweet balsamic reduction – perfect as an appetizer or entree!
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 6 ounces ovaline fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- To make the balsamic reduction, add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a slight boil and reduce by half, about 6-8 minutes; set aside and let cool.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to skillet and cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with chicken, mozzarella, tomatoes, avocado and basil. Pour balsamic reduction on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.