Our latest issue the Joy Health Edition has your back and we are giving back to your health so you can toast to it with this give away article. You may cross your fingers too as we dive into this secret detox drink recipe I got from somewhere and I think its something we can rely on to detox remembering that great health comes from having the balanced healthy food you take.
This secret detox drink contains Apple cider vinegar which will improve your metabolism and digestive function, while working to cleanse your liver and lymphatic system.
It also contains Lemon juice with an alkaline effect on your body and helps to regulate your pH levels. Drinking lemon water, or adding it to your drinks and juices, can help to boost your energy levels, detoxify your body, keep skin glowing and improve immune function.
It has Cinnamon, cayenne pepper and ginger with therapeutic compounds that help to reduce inflammation, aids digestion and boosts your metabolism, which is a helpful step toward weight loss. That’s why drinking ginger tea, for example, is so popular. It contains valuable compounds that boost your health and promote detoxification.
An optional ingredient for your detox drink is raw honey. It adds a little sweetness to this drink while nourishing the body with antioxidants.
Here are the nutrition facts in our secret detox drink.
- 48 calories
- 0.5 grams protein
- 0.4 grams fat
- 11 grams carbohydrates
- 1.2 grams fiber
- 6 grams sugar
- 0.8 milligrams manganese (47 percent DV)
- 753 IUs vitamin A (32 percent DV)
- 13.3 milligrams vitamin C (18 percent DV)
- 0.07 milligrams vitamin B6 (6 percent DV)
- 0.6 milligrams vitamin E (4 percent DV)
- 0.6 milligrams iron (4 percent DV)
- 0.3 milligrams vitamin B3 (3 percent DV)
- 10 milligrams magnesium (3 percent DV)
- 120 milligrams potassium (3 percent DV)
- 0.02 milligrams copper (3 percent DV)
Follow these steps to make the Secret Detox Drink
- The first step in making this secret detox drink is to warm 12 to 16 ounces of water.
- Now all you have to do is add your ingredients. Start by adding 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your warm water.
- Then stir in ½ to 1 teaspoon of ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and a dash of cayenne pepper.
- The last two ingredients are 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of raw, local honey, which is optional, but will add a little sweetness to your drink.
- Stir it all together, and your detox drink is ready to enjoy. Have it when it’s still warm, but you can drink it at any temperature.
Live The Joy Life!